Send notifications to a Mattermost channel#
Using Mattermost as Notifier requires to create at least one endpoint. This endpoint defines how TheHive will connect to Mattermost.
Create an enpoint#
In the Organsation configuration view, open the Endpoints tab. Then, click on the button to create a new Notifier.
Choose Mattermost and complete required information.
- Name: give a unique name to the endpoint
- URL: specify the URL to connect to your Mattermost instance
- Username: default username used to send data
- Channel: default channel used to send data
- Auth Type: Use Basic authentication to connect to this endpoint, or use Key or Bearer method
- Proxy settings: choose to use a web proxy to connect to this endpoint
- SSL settings: disable Certificate Authority checking and/or checks on hostnames
Then, click confirm to create the endpoint.
When creating a Notification select Mattermost as Notifier and complete the form.
TheHive uses Handlebars to let you build templates with input data, and this can be used in most of all fields of the form:
- Endpoint: choose the endpoint to use
- Username: choose a username. Click on add variable if you want to use an information from the input data. This will override the default username configured in the endpoint
- Channel: choose the target channel on Mattermost to send data to. Click on add variable if you want to use an information from the input data. This will override the default channel configured in the endpoint
- Available format are: JSON, Markdown and Plain text
- Click Add variable to select a variable to insert in the template
Then click confirm to register this Notifier.